WELCOME ALL CRAFTERS AND CAT LOVERS

I LOVE ANIMALS, MORE SO CATS. I SEE INSPIRATION IN EVERYTHING. SO I DO WHAT I CAN, WITH WHAT I HAVE, WHERE I AM.

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Wandering Tom

Last night it was 19 below zero and this morning it's still very cold. Comments on my last blog about the tom that has often frequented my property, brought the up the thought of feline colonies. There are people that live down the road from my home that keep 2 horses, they have a small barn. Going in that direction (on a dirt road) continues on to the rural area. Perhaps they have a few barn cats?

Down at the end of my driveway once I take 2 rights, within a short distance the area becomes more urban then rural. After walking over the bridge there is a trailer park. And continuing on from there leads to an urban area. However my driveway is private with a wooded area and a large field off to the left. There are no neighbors close by. Many people have made the remark how obscure my 5 acres are, yet how conveniently close to town I am. (about a mile to our little village) Only on rare occasions have I observed roaming cats on my property.

However speaking of feline colonies, I have heard about the cats that hang about the village. There are 2 stores that I know of who have been known to feed them. One of them is the hardware store. There are some apartments on top of the hardware store, and I noticed several cats would frequent the front of the store, by the entrance that led to the upstairs apartments. Off to the side I noticed a couple dishes and a small basket with a quilt in it. So I think the lady that lives in one of the apartments up over the hardware store looks out for these wayward kitties. If they live in the village, I'm assuming they are more like ally cat's and not feral.

Yesterday I took a few shots of Zelda

Zelda relaxing on her favorite quilt

Closeup of Zelda snoozing on a cold winter day.



1 comment:

Admiral Hestorb said...

oh Zelda, you are a sweet Tortie and I am your sister Tortie. Mom wishes she was ruler of the world and had a kazillion dollars. There would be no animals having a hard life if mom could do anything about it.
xox