WELCOME ALL CRAFTERS AND CAT LOVERS

I LOVE ANIMALS, MORE SO CATS. I SEE INSPIRATION IN EVERYTHING. SO I DO WHAT I CAN, WITH WHAT I HAVE, WHERE I AM.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April is Animal Cruelty Awareness Month


Considering this is  Animal Cruelty Awareness Month  I should of posted this the first of the month. I was a bit disappointed how little involved my state is in the concern for animals. But then I thought what am I doing? It's about time I became aware in the concern for animals and helped to promote the cause.

We should all help in any way we can, no matter how humble it might be. Simple acts of kindness, volunteering, writing letters, fostering pets, or donations. All good deeds great and small help to make the animal world a place, where animals are treated with compassion and respect. I think promoting our own state is a good way to start. I'm making a commitment to myself to get involved and understand more about the concern of animals in the New Hampshire State Legislature. And considering that the state line of Vermont is only a few miles away from where I live, I would also include the state of Vermont.

Legislature

Animal Cruelty

Concord SPCA

Spay Neuter NH pdf

Other ventures I started this month

Feral Cats Yahoo Groups

8 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

I contribute to the Feral group in my town as my way of being a meaningful help.
xox

KrafteKat said...

Thanks for stopping by Admiral. Unfortunately I don't have much money to donate. So some of my volunteering will be hands on assistance, as it has been with Isabella. I had not planned on maintaining another indoor cat. But it looks like she has no plans to be an outside cat.

I'm thinking another way is to understand what is going on in my state, sign online petitions, and write letters. With most of our local shelters in need of help, I'm thinking of volunteering my services at one close by.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow we didn't know it was animal cruelty awareness month. We try to help in as many was as we can but like you we don't have a ton of cash right now for donations. But we think it is great there is a full month for it - like we said, we didn't even know about it. Thanks for updating us!

meowmeowmans said...

Great post! We volunteer Saturdays and Sundays at our local, no-kill animal shelter. It is SO rewarding! :)

The Lee County Clowder said...

just checking in. Hope you and your kitties are still doing well.

Toyin O. said...

Good to know, thanks for sharing

The Lee County Clowder said...

Just checking in. Purrrrrring that all you kitties & beans are still hanging in there.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was checking continuously this [url=http://www.saclongchamppascher-fr.eu]sac longchamp pliage solde[/url] blog and I'm inspired! Extremely useful information particularly the ultimate section :) I maintain such information a lot. sac a main longchamp pas cher [url=http://www.saclongchamppascher-fr.eu]longchamp[/url] ,I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.