WELCOME ALL CRAFTERS AND CAT LOVERS

I LOVE ANIMALS, MORE SO CATS. I SEE INSPIRATION IN EVERYTHING. SO I DO WHAT I CAN, WITH WHAT I HAVE, WHERE I AM.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cats And Dogs

I let Isabella out yesterday. She ran out on the deck and disappeared for awhile, Then I called her and she came right back and ran into her room. When I let her out I had a gate up, so I did not lock Zelda in my bedroom. Zelda sat by the gate looking in at her, and this time it was Isabella that got aggressive. She hissed and jumped at the gate. (almost knocking the gate down)

I have decided to make an attempt at being a foster mom for Brittany Spaniels. I applied online, and I am presently waiting acceptance from the .Brittany Rescue Of New England 

Yesterday I visited a friend and she has a registered, 4 year old, free Papillion that she offered me. She showed me a photo of one online. They are atttractive dainty looking little tykes, listed under the toy breed. They weigh from 4 - 9 lbs  Height at the withers is approx. 8 to 11 inches. Anything over that disqualifies as a show dog. but none of that matters to me, because I'm not a show dog person.
They were named papillion because of the butterfly ears, papillion is the french word for butterfly.

4 comments:

Catsparella said...

Papillions really are lovely little dogs! The one in the picture is beautiful! We had a tri-colored one named Teddy that passed away almost two years ago :(

Anonymous said...

Good luck with fostering the Brittany Spaniels. I think Papillions are adorable. My aunt has one. Hugs

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, that sounds like a pretty close call between Isabella and Zelda (thank goodness for that gate)!

We will purr and pray that you get approved as a foster for Brittany Spaniels.

So, are you going to take the Papillon?

kraftekat said...

Actually these are just random thoughts roaming around in my head.

Thank you all for stopping by.